here's a short clip of me during 100's the other day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBQlkq ... e=youtu.be
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me identify my "swim type" and give som advice on what I should do in order to improve my technique. perhaps some drills, mental cues, workouts etc.
You're in that development stage where things are starting to look pretty good. It's hard to put you into a category right now but you're heading towards smooth!
A few minor pointers:
- Focusing a bit more on exhalation will help a lot.
- You generally look a little tense when you swim - try and relax if you can - but keep a stretch through the core.
- How would you rate your upper body flexibility? A little stretching on the chest / shoulders / upper back will help make things more fluid.
- Are you training your swim fitness? If not you're definitely ready for some fitness work! A weekly CSS set would be great for you.
- It looks like you lack a little feel for the water - this will come with time but scull #1 and doggy paddle will definitely help. In relation to that, it looks like you might be pulling through under the water a touch too close to your chest. It's hard to see without a front on short but experiment with going a smidgen deeper, a-la: http://www.feelforthewater.com/2012/08/ ... becky.html
Overall you're definitely on the right track and by following a regular swimming routine with training and technique focus you'll improve a long way yet!
Hope that helps,
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest