Finis paddle for Bambino

Ask questions about Swim Types and chat to other swimmers of the same type!
annmead7

Finis paddle for Bambino

Postby annmead7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I'm a petite female Bambino. (5'1", 110 lb, ape factor 1", reasonable arm strength.) I've just bought a pair of regular size Finis Freestyle paddles and, too late, saw you'd recommended the Junior size for the likes of me. Makes sense - junior anything is usually just right for me, so I suppose the Junior paddles would be better in some way. I can't return these regular size ones (I shredded the packaging, lost the receipt, etc.) so please tell me: Is the advantage of the junior size enough that I should go ahead and buy them, or are the regular ones fine? I don't care about the $20 - I'd spring for them if there were a real advantage. Thanks!

Adam Young

Re: Finis paddle for Bambino

Postby Adam Young » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Ann,

The reason we recommend the smaller size for smaller women is just from a strength point of view. The full size freestylers are great but just a little on the large size for most women and could load up your shoulders a touch.

See how you get on with them, if they feel a bit overpowering or awkward then it's well worth investing in the junior size. If you get any shoulder pain at all using them, then stop immediately!

General tip when using any paddle, keep a little pressure under your fingertips to bring them slightly angled downwards of horizontal. Just a touch downwards. That will reduce the loading but still give you all the benefit of the paddle.

Hope that helps!

Adam

annmead7

Postby annmead7 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks very much, Adam. Will do.

-Ann

flake50

Postby flake50 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 pm

These are really helpful indeed, keep it up buddy.

Return to “Swim Types!”