What to do for the best?

Ask questions about Swim Types and chat to other swimmers of the same type!
grant.smith

What to do for the best?

Postby grant.smith » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi,

I'm just looking for a little advise really. Righty or stupidly I do Ironman Triathlons for fun! Swimming has never been the highlight of my day, but that's not to say I hate swimming, but I do get a bit bored by it, probably due to my lack of progression.

Well I decided to try and do something about it. I have carefully read through the swim types questionnaire, going to the pool to work out many of the answers.

Screen Shot 2012-06-17 at 12.19.59.png
Screen Shot 2012-06-17 at 12.19.59.png (28.74 KiB) Viewed 2322 times

So the results suggest I am a Arnie, closely followed by a Swinger. Does this mean I should work on my Arnie faults, and then once corrected, or at least improved, move onto correcting the Swinger?

I was also going to buy one of the Ironman swim plans, would this take into account the above, or is it more focused towards getting me fit for the event, not necessarily improving my technique? I guess I am wondering whether the Swim Types Guide will conflict with the Training Plan?

Thanks

Karlstine

Re: What to do for the best?

Postby Karlstine » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Can u post a vid of your swimming?

Adam Young

Postby Adam Young » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Grant,

When you get a split in the questionnaire results like that, it doesn't mean you're are mix of both Swim Types necessarily, much more likely you're one or the other but the questionnaire isn't sure. The results are probability of each.

When you read the Swim Type profiles, which fits you best would you say?

The Swim Types guides give you four very specific technique sessions to follow, these are generally a lower intensity and more pure technique focused than the training plans. The training plans have good general technique sessions but are obvious less specific to a particular Swim Type. If you would like to follow both I suggest you substitute the technique sessions in the plan with the ones from the Swim Type guides, this would work nicely and you should get the best of both worlds then.

Cheers!

Adam

gavinp

Postby gavinp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:13 pm

kittttens wrote:I made the mistake of buying books and listening to advice like the bilateral breathing. It never ever works ! Get in to a swim squad and go online to see a variety of swimmers and their stroke, then be the fastest at your squad! That is the best way!

Hi kitttttens

I've been reading you replies to a lot of the posts on this forum and they aren't exactly what I would call helpful - borderline rude in fact!

There's nothing wrong with being subjective and having another opinion but it seems to me that you are just here to be negative. Can you be a bit more constructive with your replies please. Let's all get on nicely eh :P
Swim Smooth accredited coach and
Northamptonshire based triathlon coach
http://www.trisomi.co.uk

Return to “Swim Types!”